Got a little sick of the standard about me section, so I’m going with random things about myself as I think of them.
1. I like a good scotch, a fine cigar and great conversation…pretty much in that order.
2. So far in life I have been a taco jockey, roofer, US Marine, bouncer, house truss builder, truck driver, owned an art studio and copywriter. I am currently the Search Marketing Manager for shopperschoice.com and own my own company, Zen Search Marketing, developed by the awesome Heather Jones at Viva La Violette Web Design.
3. I remember really obscure, useless pop culture references but I absolutely despise pop culture.
4. I am an authority on B-rated horror movies.
5. along with website optimization, i make soap. yep, that’s right…soap…and some of the best damn soap you’ve ever smelled and used in your life! keep an eye out on this site for updates on the future soap site i am currently developing or email me at the address below and we can talk scents and prices.
6. I have studied martial arts since I was a child, have been a bouncer and competed in mixed martial arts matches but I now try to be a pacifist.
7. I moved to Louisiana on a whim, decision to move within 3 months.
8. I have 3 children who live with their mother in Texas whom I miss constantly.
9. I’ve never seen a single episode of I love Lucy or the Honeymooners.
10. I am obsessed with the Bohemian lifestyle and the freedom they seem to have.
11. I hate hippies. Hate them.
12. I don’t have any cartilage in my right ankle.
13. I physically hate 6 things: Discrimination for any reason, People who use discrimination as a crutch, Onions, Insane Clown Posse, People who listen to Insane Clown Posse and Jay Leno. Everything else just kind of annoys me. (and yes, I know I’m discriminating against people who like insane Clown Posse)….Make that 7, almost forgot about the hippies.
14. I used to be a roadie. During that time I met a bunch of different musicians, especially 90′s alternative acts but I was never once star-struck…until I met Muhammad Ali.
15. I love boxing. It truly is the sweet science and MMA will never hold a candle to boxing in its heyday.
16. I am one of the shortest people on my father’s side of the family. My father is 6’6″ and even my aunt is 6’0″, but my grandmother was 5’4″.
17. Through the Marines and driving truck I’ve been all over, but now I don’t even like to drive across town.
18. The chances I will remain in the US once my children are grown are very slim.
19. Un-gainfully, i spend my time writing poetry and short stories.
20. I am trying my best to live a minimalist existence, incorporating zen Buddhist philosophies as best i can (i am by no means a Buddhist).
21. Never try to impress me with your college degree. It won’t work. Never has, never will.
22. If the first thing you ask me when we meet is what I do for a living I will judge you for that.
23. I am an Ordained Dudeist Priest with the Church of the Latter Day Dude. This may be the coolest thing that has ever happened to me & that is sad.
contact me by email – himself @ jeffloquist.com